Bring a taste of the tropics to your grill with these laid-back pineapple teriyaki burgers! I love to fire up the grill and one of my favorite burgers is grilled with a pineapple slice right into the meat. Ingredients are minimal and would be a great choice for a backyard luau or anytime you want a tasty burger that is easy to prepare that will turn out delicious every time!
I like to serve on sweet Hawaiian buns for an added touch.
Bring a taste of the tropics to your grill with these laid-back pineapple teriyaki burgers!
- 1 & 1/2 lbs. 80/20 ground chuck
- 1 can pineapple rings
- 2 Tablespoons Teriyaki Marinade (I used Masterpiece brand)
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- salt & pepper
- Buns- I use Wheat buns or Hawaiian buns
- Toppings of your choice
- Set up the grill and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix beef, 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice from the can of rings, Teriyaki marinade & onion soup mix. Form into 4 patties and top each one with a pineapple ring. (You will need to gently “press” pineapple into the meat. Reshape patty if necessary.
- Salt and pepper patties.
- Place burgers, pineapple side down on the hot grill. Cook 4- 5 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Serve on toasted buns with desired toppings.