Having grown up in the great state of Texas, I would suffer greatly if I were unable to eat a Mexican-style meal at least once a week. These steak fajitas go together in a snap and taste fantastic. My secret weapon is the crockpot!
Flank steak is a “pricier cut” of the cow, so the plus with this recipe is the fact that the added ingredients are usually inexpensive. That gives you a chance to serve a premium cut of meat even on a budget.
This steak fajitas recipe is also Gluten Free if you choose a gluten free salsa. Just check the labels.
My crockpot is a real secret weapon in the kitchen and it makes light work of meal prep. These steak fajitas come out very tender and are great in a variety of dishes.
Try them on tortillas, in taco shells, on a baked potato, or even on top of a fiesta style salad.
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1 medium onion
- 14 oz jar of salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 each – red and green bell pepper
- Cut flank steak into strips and place in crockpot.
- Cut onion into strips and put on top of the meat.
- In a medium bowl, mix salsa, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and seasonings. Pour over meat & onions and stir to coat the meat.
- Turn crockpot on low for 7 hours or high for 4 1/2 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes, cut bell peppers into strips and add them to the meat. Cook until just tender.
- Serve with tortillas, on potatoes, in taco shells, or on top of a salad.