I love to make this strawberry bread when strawberries are in season. You will need to pick up the larger carton of fresh strawberries to have enough for this recipe. I have prepared this recipe in loaf pans and also in a Bundt pan and get great results either way.
For an added touch, serve the delicious strawberry bread with strawberry cream cheese which is available at the grocery store in the dairy section.
When strawberries are in season, I always pick up the big carton and make a batch of this bread. A great addition is strawberry cream cheese (shown in the photo). Spread on the bread for an added special touch.
- 3 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 3 1/8 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar (divided)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour 2 loaf pans or 1 Bundt pan ( I used the Bundt pan for the version shown in the photo)
- Slice strawberries and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, cinnamon, salt & baking soda.
- Blend oil & eggs into the bowl of strawberries by hand.
- Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture and mix until moistened.
- Pour mixture into pans or Bundt pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes in loaf pans or 50-60 minutes in a Bundt pan. (or until the cake tester comes out clean)
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, then turn out loaves to finish cooling.