I’m starting off the week with a great grilling option since the summer is practically HERE! I love this teriyaki chicken entree on the grill because it has great flavor and a nice presentation as an outdoor meal. The pineapple rings add a nice touch and to top it off, it is a low carb, diabetic, and heart-healthy option.
You can also make these ahead and freeze the uncooked chicken in the marinade. Put your pineapple rings in a quart baggie & drop them into the larger bag to make a meal kit for a future grilling meal. It is also a great choice for Weight Watcher (5 points) and Curves Complete program participants.
I cannot get enough of my grill in the summer and quick chicken recipes like this one are a “go-to” favorite in my outdoor cooking rotation.
If you don’t have a grill, you can do this on the broiler for the same amount of time (watch carefully to prevent overcooking)
This teriyaki chicken recipe is a great low carb., diabetic, or heart-healthy choice. Weight Watcher points- 5 & Curves complete approved.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 to 6 oz each)
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 pineapple rings
- Get a large Ziploc bag and put juice, sauce, seasonings, and brown sugar in the bag. Add chicken breasts and seal.
- Marinate chicken in the bag for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and spray grill with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breast on prepared grill and cook for about 6-7 minutes per side. (Discard bag of marinade.)
- Grill pineapple slices until grill marks appear.
- Remove chicken & pineapple from the grill and serve.