It doesn’t have to be cold outside to enjoy a light, flavorful Florentine soup. This one is a great year-round choice. A simple list of basic ingredients combines to create a tasty meal. Let your crockpot do the work while you go about your day. This smells great & tastes delicious. To make a more robust meal, add Italian sausage or meatballs to the Florentine soup.
This recipe is also Curves Complete approved & just 7 point for Weight Watchers. (without added meat)
It really doesn’t matter if the weather calls for soup, this one is great year round. Very light and flavorful.
Adding the meat gives it a more robust Italian flair.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans (Italian style) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 small cans of tomato sauce
- 1 (10oz) pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small package (9 oz) cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Optional: Italian sausage or meatballs
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover & cook on low for 5 hours or high for 2 1/2 hours.
- Add pasta and cook for 30 more minutes.
- If you decide to add Italian sausage or meatballs, be sure to cook them thoroughly and add them to the crockpot at the same time as the pasta.
- Portion into bowls & sprinkle with cheese.