It doesn’t have to be cold outside to enjoy a light, flavorful Florentine soup. This one is a great year-round choice. A simple list of basic ingredients combines to create a tasty meal. Let your crockpot do the work while you go about your day. This smells great & tastes delicious. To make a more robust meal, add Italian sausage or meatballs to the Florentine soup.
This recipe is also Curves Complete approved & just 7 points for Weight Watchers. (without added meat)
It really doesn’t matter if the weather calls for soup, this one is great year-round. Very light and flavorful.
Adding the meat gives it a more robust Italian flair.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans (Italian style) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 small cans of tomato sauce
- 1 (10oz) pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small package (9 oz) cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Optional: Italian sausage or meatballs
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover & cook on low for 5 hours or high for 2 1/2 hours.
- Add pasta and cook for 30 more minutes.
- If you decide to add Italian sausage or meatballs, be sure to cook them thoroughly and add them to the crockpot at the same time as the pasta.
- Portion into bowls & sprinkle with cheese.